Celebrity Baby Scoop: Mayim Bialik: I Used Natural Labor Techniques After Accident

Celebrity Baby Scoop
News, Photos and Style Trends of Celebrity Babies
Mayim Bialik: I Used Natural Labor Techniques After Accident
Aug 28th 2012, 04:02

The CBS/Showtime/CW Summer Press Tour 2012

The Big Bang Theory actress Mayim Bialik got seriously banged up in a recent car accident. And the mom to sons Fred, 4, and Miles, 6½, says she relied on techniques used in natural child birth to handle the pain in her injured hand.

“[I used] a lot of deep breathing,” she tells Access Hollywood. “Everything I used for natural labor, I absolutely used at the scene of this accident.”

Bialik, 36, says she is in pain, but the experience “really reaffirmed my faith in pain with a purpose and the meditative properties, the ability to lower your blood pressure, which women do in labor. It absolutely is what I used to get me through all stages of this [experience].”

The Blossom alum – who isn’t taking any prescription pain medication – also drew strength from motherhood after the accident.

“I remember I thought, I’m a mom, this is not happening. I have kids waiting for me. It’s my son’s birthday – and it was. That was my first thought.”

Thankfully, she’s doing well and already planning ahead for awards season.

“All the fingers move. They work,” she said. “We can get this whole contraption in black for Emmy night. That’s really what’s important, right?”

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive