Celebrity Baby Scoop: Jessica Simpson: “My Body Is Not Bouncing Back Like A Supermodel”

Celebrity Baby Scoop
News, Photos and Style Trends of Celebrity Babies
Jessica Simpson: "My Body Is Not Bouncing Back Like A Supermodel"
Sep 4th 2012, 23:54

Jessica Simpson looks great in black gown and shows off her pregnant belly in LA

For the first time since daughter Maxwell‘s May 1 birth, Jessica Simpson is opening up about her “big appetite” during pregnancy and her struggles with postpartum weight-loss.

“I let myself indulge in everything I wanted because it was the first time I was ever pregnant, and I wanted to enjoy it,” Jessica, 32, tells USA Today. ”I wanted to be happy and eat what I wanted.”

Since welcoming her first child, 9-pound, 13-ounce Maxwell Drew, with fiancé Eric Johnson, the fashion designer-singer has been working on losing the baby weight.

“I didn’t realize it (the weight) didn’t all come off with the baby,” she says.

The new mom is currently tackling the pregnancy pounds with Weight Watchers. “They want me to be healthy,” she said of the weight loss program.

No revealing exactly how much she has dropped so far, Jessica says, “I’ve lost weight every single week.” She says she is ”eating less of everything,” but “I don’t believe in completely depriving yourself.”

Jessica says she hasn’t eaten macaroni and cheese since being on Weight Watchers. “It’s better not to have it at the moment,” she shares of her favorite indulgence.

But chocolate is definitely not off limits!

“I’m a woman who wants her chocolate,” she admits. “I allot myself a fun-size (bag) M&Ms. I eat one of those, and my craving is satisfied. I don’t need the whole bag of M&Ms.”

While doing Weight Watchers with her mom, Tina, and 13 good friends, by late August, they had collectively lost 160 pounds. “It’s nice to do it together and motivate each other,” she says.

And don’t expect to see the Fashion Star mentor out for a jog! “My boobs are way too big to run at this point,” she shares. “I’m just walking.”

It sounds like her football fiancé is supporting her every step of the way.

“We take Maxwell out a lot,” Jessica says. “[Eric]  was really healthy when I met him, eating a vegetarian diet and very health conscious from being an athlete. I have his support but not pressure. The fact that he loves me the way I am right now — we’re set. He knows I want to feel better in my skin.”

“My weight has always been something that people like to comment on. I’ve gotten used to it. It’ll start to get boring at some point, I hope,” she says.

And for the new mom, it’s all about being a healthy role model for her little girl.

“Nobody wants to talk about their weight,” she says. “For me, I have had to come to a place where I am comfortable with myself. I’m a mom now, and get to be a role model for this beautiful little girl.”

“I feel like everybody can do what I am doing,” she says.

She goes on to say she’s an “everyday woman” when it comes to postpartum weight-loss.

“I’m not a supermodel. My body is not bouncing back like a supermodel. I’m just your everyday woman who is trying to feel good and be healthy for her daughter, her fiancé and herself.”

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive