Celebrity Baby Scoop: Amber Portwood Speaks Out From Prison: “I Miss Leah A Lot”

Celebrity Baby Scoop
News, Photos and Style Trends of Celebrity Babies
Amber Portwood Speaks Out From Prison: "I Miss Leah A Lot"
Sep 12th 2012, 18:21

amber_portwood

Teen Mom star Amber Portwood insists that her first priority is sobriety and her 3-year-old daughter Leah. The troubled reality star issued a statement from prison to coincide with the reunion special that aired Tuesday night on MTV with Dr. Drew.

“Right now I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing with my life,” Amber stated. “I guess I just got lost. I went to jail because I had an addiction to opiates. You live and you learn. and that’s real. It’s time for me to stop partying and realize that even though I’m 21, I’m not a normal 21-year-old — I’m a mother. Which means I have to grow up quicker and start acting like a mother.”

Following is Amber’s statement in its entirety:

“I miss Leah a lot. She’s a little mini-me. I see pictures of her and I think about where I went wrong and how I can fix it so she can be proud of me.

As for Gary, I know that he’s a good dad. I hope he finds happiness, even if it’s not with me. I know we probably won’t get back together. He has too many insecurities when it comes to our relationship but I hope that one day we can have a good relationship between us and Leah.

Right now my No. 1 priority in life is dedicating my life to being sober, to being a sober person. And to show my daughter that people make mistakes but you can always come back. If Leah learns anything from me she should see how becoming a teen mom can change you. How everything is postponed.

I made the show for a reason…some decisions change your whole life. If you don’t want to take responsibility and use protection, then don’t have sex. One night can change your whole life into a sad story.

I hope people look at my story and say, ‘That’s not the way I want to go.’ I know everybody looks at me as a mean person who cusses and hits people, but that’s not me. That’s just what I had to go through to grow up and learn.

I want to show everybody that I can do it and I can start living a straight life and getting my family back in order.”

What do you think of Leah’s statement from prison?

 

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive