Celebrity Baby Scoop: Ellen DeGeneres On Children: “I Don’t Want To Have Any”

Celebrity Baby Scoop
News, Photos and Style Trends of Celebrity Babies
Ellen DeGeneres On Children: "I Don't Want To Have Any"
Sep 10th 2012, 16:16

Ellen DeGeneres Walk of Fame

It seems talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has no desire to expand her family -  ever.

When the 54-year-old comedienne  – who is currently married to actress Portia de Rossi, 39 -  appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last week, Ellen was questioned about persisting rumors that she and Portia are in search of a sperm donor to start a family.

“I heard you and Portia are having a baby,” host Jay Leno, 62, asks. “Is this true?”

“I’m here for your sperm,” Ellen jokes. “That is not true. I don’t know why people want this. I’ve said it so many times: We are not going to have a child. And they say that we’re looking for the right donor.”

“Although, you would be a good donor, so I’ll keep it in mind, just in case,” she continues to jest. “I mean, it would have beautiful blue eyes, and a good sense of humor, and a good shot at a NBC show. We would do well.”

Ellen – who is currently days away from the season 10 premiere of her daytime talk show titled The Ellen DeGeneres Show – goes on to explain that although she has no issues with children, parenthood is not for her.

“I don’t want to have one. I don’t want to have six. I don’t want to have any,” she comments. “They’re precious to look at and I love them. We have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don’t want ‘em.”

In her 2011 book titled Seriously…I’m Kidding, Ellen made light of the pressure to procreate, writing that “people are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they’ve been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don’t want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house.”

Ellen and Portia were married in 2008 at their home in California.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive